Music video award winners to be announced at first music video festival in Ibiza
International filmmakers lead jury for music video awards
The submission process opened this month for the new music video awards being launched at the inaugural Ibiza Music Festival taking place next month on 11 October.
Music video filmmakers and producers can submit their work for the awards to be considered by a jury of leading international filmmakers and creatives including:
- Andy Gulliman – Broadcast Director for the Saatchi & Saatchi group of companies and behind multi-award winning campaigns such as Levi’s Twist and Xbox Champagne;
- Ben Sullivan – producer of TV commercials and music videos and Grammy award winner for the Best Music Video as produced of Rhianna’s ‘We Found Love’;
- John Perez – the director of photography for Rihanna’s ‘Te amo’, Jay Z and Alicia Keys’ ‘Empire State of Mind’, and Beyonce and Lady Gaga’s ‘Video Phone’;
- Lisa Gunning – film editor who made her directing debut with the promo for Goldfrapp’s ‘Drew’, the first of five series of films to accompany the ‘Tales of Us’ album;
- Nick Powell – Director of the internationally renowned National Film and Television School which produces many of the world’s leading filmmakers and formerly behind setting up some of the most progressive British film production companies such as Palace Pictures and Scala Films, and Virgin Records with Richard Branson;
- Ron Wisener – the legendary music producer who has worked with Michael Jackson, The Jacksons, Quincy Jones, Madonna, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield, Gladys Knight and The Pips, and programmes including the 25th anniversary of BET, The Soul Train: The Dance Years, Michael Jackson Tribute and most recently Chaka Khan’s Legends of Fame at the Apollo Theatre.
- Ross Anderson – a former video commissioner, now CEO of his own production company Nice & Polite, and behind the award-winning music videos by Snow Patrol, Kaiser Chiefs and Take That, as well as many others; and
- Tareq Kubaisi – a director at Nice Shirt Films and award-winning production company Hammer & Tongs whose creative experience encompasses films such as The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and Son of Rambo and music videos for Oasis, Madonna, Radiohead and Coldplay. He is also the owner of the post-production house, Raised by Wolves.
Other industry professionals involved in the event include music video and film directors Alma Har’el, Huse Monfaradi and Jay Smith (MTV).
Rupert Bryan, co-director of the Ibiza Music Video Festival and the Awards says, “The music video industry has long produced some of the most exciting creative work both visually and technically that reaches audiences worldwide. As well as creating a valuable part of an artist’s repertoire, many music videos directors and key creatives on their crews go on to work in the commercials, documentary and feature film industries.
“Ibiza will be a wonderful launch-pad for the first music video festival and the awards as it offers great production facilities and locations for making music videos as well as being renowned as the dance capital of the world. The enthusiasm and ideas for this one-day inaugural festival has been overwhelming and we are already considering building in more days for the next one.”
Elizabeth Fear, co-director adds, “In addition to public screenings, we are also hosting industry-only events for music video producers and production executives which will include discussions, Q&As and the demo screenings. The festival will culminate in an awards ceremony followed by a party.”
The festival is open to emerging and established music video talent with the sole objective being to showcase the best of music video talent. Entrants are invited to go to talenthouse.com ‘to upload their video, nominating themselves for a maximum of three categories ranging from best director and best production design, to best styling, colouring or VFX.
The festival is open to all music video professionals to attend, not just those who are submitting music videos for the festival or the awards.
The industry programme includes presentations with experts such as Ross Anderson, a former video commissioner and now owner of his own production company, Nice & Polite, who will share his experience on how to win a commission as well as sessions on storyboarding and treatment writing. Attendees can also look forward to practical kit demonstrations from Manfrotto.
To register to attend the festival go to wish4ticket http://www.wish4ticket.com/booking/event.aspx?eid=89
To submit a music video for the awards go to house.com http://www.talenthouse.com/film-for-the-ibiza-music-video-festival?tab=0
Facebook: Ibiza Music Video Festival
- LI TONG sweeps up awards at the Ibiza Film Festival 2009 Directorial debut by Chinese director Nian Liu takes several awards,...
- International Film Festival, #Ibiza – more news The third Ibiza International Film Festival will be taking place...
- Ibiza Film Festival 2009, closing ceremony at Atzaro *It’s just been announced that the superb LI TONG will...
- 2nd White Island Music Festival, Dalt Vila, Sep 7th 2013 The second of Ibiza’s very own ROCK FESTIVAL The White...
- Terry Gilliam interview – Ibiza International Film Festival By Helen Donlon Terry Gilliam is one of the patrons...