Miles Kane played a free acoustic gig on July 27th as part of the 3rd birthday party celebrations of the Ibiza Rocks Bar in San Antonio.
I arrived at the bar just after 10pm and the party was in full swing. We were entertained by and treated to some great tunes by regular Rocks DJs Ste-V and The Postman (Patrick Nazemi). You can always rely on the DJs in any of the Ibiza Rocks establishments to play great music. There aren’t many places in Ibiza where you will hear New Order followed by The Clash and T. Rex back to back (apart from at my house). And we’d already been treated to tracks by The Stone Roses, Blur and The Stranglers and many other classic tunes.
He came onto the small stage at about 11.30 and started off with ‘Rearrange’, which sounded great. It’s a true test of a performer and a song if both sound great when played live on just an acoustic guitar. He played a set of songs from his first two albums, plus a cover of The Verve’s ‘The Drugs Don’t Work’, which went down very well with the crowd, followed by The Last Shadow Puppet’s ‘Standing Next to Me’. For recent single ‘Give Up’ he took the pace up a notch and the crowd helped him along with the vocals. He finished the set with ‘Come Closer’, getting the audience to sing the chorus as he left the stage. Once they’d stopped singing, they showed their appreciation with loud cheers – they loved him.
Miles said that he’d never played an acoustic gig before, but it was great, and it was a perfect way for the Ibiza Rocks Bar to celebrate its 3rd birthday in style. The bar makes a great intimate venue – it’s a shame they don’t put more gigs like this on there.
First of My Kind
Out of Control
The Drugs Don’t Work
Standing Next to Me
Don’t Forget Who You Are
Words & Photos by ClaireB
Click on images for larger versions
- Pete Doherty at Ibiza Rocks Bar – Review pt2 The Ibiza International Music Summit chose to hold its annual...
- New Ibiza Rocks Bar Ibiza Rocks are rebranding Bar M (Ibiza Rocks Diner) as...
- Tinie Tempah and G-FrSH at Ibiza Rocks, 10/7/2013 This week's gig was the return of Tinie Tempah to...
- Pete Doherty at Ibiza Rocks Bar Opening Would he turn up or not ? Not exactly being...
- Jake Bugg & Findlay, Ibiza Rocks 2013 Opening Party June 5th saw the opening of Ibiza Rocks for the...