Themed IMS: Beyond The Boom Boom!, the event, hosted by BBC Radio 1 DJ Pete Tong, will take a deep look into the international expansion of electronic music and how the business is spilling out of the confines of the dance floor and into mainstream culture. IMS 2013 will lead the discussions about sustainability after the goldrush settles down.
- Among the artists present this year are techno pioneer Sven Väth, who will be discussing career longevity in the electronic music scene.
- IMS will also host a keynote from industry analyst and provocateur Bob Lefsetz who will deliver a state-of-the-nation address on the coming of age of the genre. A rare European visit.
- Iconic actor Idris Elba (The Wire, The Office, Prometheus) will be delivering a keynote as his alter-ego Driis, talking tradecraft and keeping it real as a DJ.
- Founder and owner of Ultra Records Patrick Moxey will be charting his rise to the top of the Sony tree: all hail Mr President of Electronic Music!
- Bringing together the overall themes of IMS 2013, Willam Morris Endeavour’s Marc Geiger will give a keynote on the sustainability of electronic music, as the gold rush begins to calm. From the man who has seen it all.
- Hard-hitting French label boss / venue owner / manager Emmanuel de Buretel tells it like it is in probably one of the most honest interviews you will ever see at an IMS event. Stand by!
- Infamous promoters Andrea & Antonio will be revealing all about Circoloco @ DC10, from its beginnings in 1999, through the subsequent troubles in 2008/09 to the present day.
- The original Berlin DJ Paul Van Dyk will give a keynote interview on the importance of social responsibility in electronic music.
- Amy Thomson of ATM artists (Swedish House Mafia, Groove Armada) will give a keynote interview on empowering fans, or the ‘General Admission’ as she has famously called them, to create devotees.
- Shelly Finkel of SFX Entertainment will be interviewed about Robert F.X. Sillerman’s $1bn bet on electronic music music acquisitions.
- Tomorrowland’s Duncan Stutterheim will open up a window on the ideology of ‘electronic music experience’ company ID&T as they expand into North America.
- DJ-Z’s Seth Goldstein takes a good hard look at the next generation of electronic music fans, as he targets 13-16 year olds.
- This year’s IMS Anthem will be created live by Groove Armada in front of delegates, with a remix to be done by man of the moment Eats Everything.
- Ghostdancing focuses on the ghostwriting hitmakers exposed recently by Mixmag’s Ben Gomori. Guests so far include Timo Garcia, Nicky Romero and Glimpse.
- There will also be an exclusive first ‘work in progress’ screening of Planet Rock & Other Tales Of The 808 – the Arthur Baker produced documentary about the seminal 808 drum machine.
- The IMS Market Focus panel will be investigating the ins and outs of the German music market.
Ben Turner, IMS and music lawyer Kurosh Nasseri will present the Association for Electronic Music and explore its potential at the forefront of the genre.
- Confirmed speakers for IMS 2012 The International Music Summit have announced the initial set of...
- IMS Ibiza 2012 Grand Finale party with Carl Cox announced This years IMS Grand Finale events will again see 2...
- IMS 2012 Events & Parties announced Where in previous years the focus has been on both...
- David Lynch IMS Ibiza 2011 Keynote Interview David Lynch Keynote Interview Live from the Hollywood Hills in...
- Jake Bugg headlines ibiza Rocks 2013 opening gig An early christmas present from Ibiza Rocks. Jake Bugg who...