In a brand new initiative here on Ibiza, spearheaded by Ibiza Music Cluster, Ibiza Sonica & Ocean Drive Hotel are pleased to present the first edition of the IBIZA MUSIC NETWORK. The project, the objective of which is to give participants the opportunity to meet and interact with five stalwarts of the international music industry through a series of fifteen-minute meetings.
20 handpicked individuals will receive professional advice from music industry icons including DJ Hell, Ben Turner and Safehouse Management’s Lynn Cosgrave. Juno Download and Pioneer Europe are also represented in the first event of its kind on the island which will be held on Friday 2nd March, 2012 at the Ocean Drive Hotel.
Embracing the international concept of ‘speed-networking’, participants will be given the opportunity to come face to face with some of the most important movers and shakers of the industry, for some serious one-on-one time. The aim of Ibiza Music Network is the professional development of the participants, drawing on the knowledge, advice and contacts of the IMN special guests who have already been confirmed as DJ Hell (Producer, DJ and label owner of International DJ Gigolos), Lynn Cosgrave, promoter and manager of Carl Cox (Safehouse Management), Ben Turner (Graphite Media, Editor, booker and manager of Richie Hawtin , Nick Unsworth, CEO of Juno downloads and last but most certainly not least, Pioneer’s European Head of Marketing, Mark Grotefeld
Heading up the project, Ibiza Sonica have professed their delight at the initial reaction to the event, after having received above and beyond the number of applications expected for this, the first edition of the Network. In so far as the selection process, the project co-ordinators have based their selection on criteria that includes talent, professionalism, origin or ambition with the majority of successful applicants already working within the realms of the industry and including DJs, producers, promoters, editors, community managers and talent bookers/managers. Amongst the chosen few, a mixture of island and international residents in a bid to promote local development as well as maximize global opportunities.
Activities at the IBM kick off on the morning of the 2nd March with a reception for the twenty selected participants in the foyer of the Ocean Drive Hotel, after which point the speed networking meetings will take place throughout the day. From 6pm, and open to the general public, a Masterclass in the latest software on the market – REKORDBOX, under the experienced tuition of Pioneer DJ’s Dan Tait.
To end the day, the Ibiza Music Network will play host at established island venue Grial, which celebrations hope to continue into the early hours.
Ibiza Music Network Special Guests confirmed as:
- DJHell: Producer, DJ and label owner of International DJ Gigolos, here is a man who discovered talents like Miss Kittin, The Hacker, Vitalic, Tiga, Fischerspooner and is cited as a forerunner of electroclash and an icon of electronica. He has collaborated with artists including P. Diddy and Brian Ferry.
- Lynn Cosgrave: Manager of Carl Cox, promoter of Revolution and Come Together events at Space Ibiza, sponsorship specialist, responsible for the Ministry of Sound compilations, former Vice- President of the dance department of Sony Music and owner of Safehouse Management.
- Ben Turner: Editor of Pacha Magazine, TV producer, founder of the Ibiza Music Summit, booker for ‘I Want my MTV’ at Amnesia Ibiza (which had performances fromSnoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Plastikman, 2manydj’s), co-founder of Independent Festivals Association and agent for Richie Hawtin (Graphite Media).
- Nick Unsworth: Market Expert in ‘Online’ legal downloads ex-label manager of iTunes Europe supporting independent labels and current Digital Business Development Manager at Juno Download.
- Mark Grotefeld: Pioneer Europe Multimedia Division Head of Marketing. He has been responsible for developing multimedia Dj Pioneer Europe, he is also the creator of the DJSounds platform, an important reference in DJ videostreaming and is also an expert in music/brand relationships.
- International Music Summit, Ibiza 2009 full agenda details We just got this as we’re out the door to...
- International Music Summit 2009, Ibiza – First details We can reveal the first details about the International Music...
- 4th International Music Summit Ibiza 2011, more speakers More speakers and details have been announced for this years...
- International Music Summit 2010, Ibiza Latest news: Now in its third year the International Music...
- International Music Summit, Ibiza 2010 – Panel lineups revealed The International Music Summit here in Ibiza have revealed the...