Regular visitors to the blog will be aware that we have a lot of love for Ibiza Rocks – it’s the festival that keeps on giving. This year is no exception, with headliners Ed Sheeran and Two Door Cinema Club set to hit Ibiza in 2012 and brand new extra events every week. The sister event, Mallorca Rocks, will also be getting in on the action. Here’s what’s on the agenda for both sites:
- DAILY pool parties – the best way to cool off.
- DOUBLE the number of key events, with a second weekly gig taking place featuring international DJs.
- OPENING the festival is Ed Sheeran, who had a great 2011 that saw him become a household name, and followed it up with multiple nominations for the 2012 BRIT Awards. He’ll be following up on the chart success of his debut album, ‘+’, with a killer set in the Balearics – 5th June in Mallorca and 6th June in Ibiza.
- WEEKLY silent raves – experience a rave with a difference as everyone puts on headphones and listens to the same music.
- VIEW the gigs from your balcony at the Ibiza/Mallorca Rocks Hotel if you choose a Stage View Studio room. This means you get a bit of privacy, a great view and more space to dance!
- FACILITIES at the Hotel include a gym, free Wi-Fi access (perfect for uploading photos to show your mates back home), two pools and an Xbox Social Room to chill out in.
- NEW ‘Hostal’ accommodation option – if you’re on a budget then keep the costs down at the ‘Hostal’, which is like a hostel but with the benefit of being just 500m away from the normal Hotel, with full access to the gigs and events of the festival.
- DISCOUNTS on tickets for the island’s best clubs from your Rocks Hosts, meaning your money goes that bit further.
- CLOSING the party will be Two Door Cinema Club, indie darlings of 2011. Catch them in Mallorca on 18th September and Ibiza on the 19th.
It’s also worth considering what to do when you’re not at the gigs or lazing by the pool. The Balearics really are a great place to explore, so why not make the most of the warm weather and try some of these activities?
- Take a natural mud bath on the small island of Es Palmador, near Ibiza – it’ll leave you with some great photos! Find the mud at the top of s’Alga beach.
- Shop in the Ibiza Town boutiques and vintage stores, or go to the open hippy market, which operates long into the night and sells great souvenirs. In Majorca you’ll find loads of recognisable brand names in Palma City, and plenty of cool beachside stalls in Magaluf.
- Go for a dip in the sea – both Ibiza and Majorca have loads of stunning Blue Flag beaches to explore. Majorca’s choices include Cala Estància in Palma, which has calm waters for swimming, and the incredibly long stretches of sand at Cala Portals Nous and Platja de Palma. Ibiza’s top beaches include Cala Bassa and Santa Eulària. For big waves and sports activities, head to Cala Nova or Cala Llenya.
- If you want an adrenaline rush then why not try one of the Majorca water parks? Western Water Park and Aqualand are both in Magaluf and have a mixture of rides, slides and pools.
Thanks to Polly at Easyjet Holidays
- Ibiza & Mallorca Rocks 2012 opening & closing party artists It doesn’t seem 5 minutes since the Ibiza Rocks closing...
- Mallorca Rocks Hotel 2010 Opening Party The new Mallorca Rocks Hotel opening party will be on...
- Mallorca Rocks Hotel – Location & Photos www.ibizarocksinfo.com: Ibiza Rocks & Mallorca Rocks info site Update 07/05/10:...
- Ibiza Rocks Hotel to open in Mallorca Ibiza Rocks will further expand the brand with the opening...
- Ibiza Rocks & Mallorca Rocks 2011 new lineups announced Ibiza Rocks & Mallorca Rocks 2011 lineups announced The Wombats,...