We can reveal the first details about the International Music Summit 2009 in Ibiza:
- Techno Pioneer Richie Hawtin To Keynote
- Speakers include:
- Owners Of The World’s Biggest Dance Brands – Sonar, Bestival (Rob da Bank), Creamfields (James Barton), Pacha, F**k Me I’m Famous (Cathy Guetta), Wall Of Sound
- Managers And Agents Of The Biggest Global Dance Producers, DJs And Artists Inc. Simian Mobile Disco, Underworld, Mark Ronson, Little Boots, Paul Oakenfold, Royksopp, Moby, Carl Cox, Mylo
The first line-up of artists and industry panellists for the second International Music Summit was today announced. Returning to the dance capital of the world, Ibiza, the essential high-profile music gathering takes place May 27-29 at the island’s luxurious new five-star Gran Hotel. After the success of 2008’s inaugural event, IMS has swiftly eclipsed other music conferences to establish itself as the single most important destination for the global dance industry, artists and executives, to do business.
The keynote interview will be with pioneering techno artist Richie Hawtin, who will take part in an hour long discussion with IMS content curator Ben Turner. Hawtin, a global ambassador for underground music, has been at the top of his game for over 15 years, with his Berlin based M-nus record label is at the forefront of the futuristic underground sound, and he remains one of the most-in demand DJs in the world and hugely revered by both his peers and club goers alike.
Hawtin states: “I heard great reports about the first IMS, and as this is a critical time for the industry and the world at large, this intimate gathering feels more important now than ever before. I am excited to share my experiences and vision for the future with the leaders of the genre. “
With many dance music luminaries stating they’d done more deals in three days at last year’s summit than in ten year’s of attending other dance conferences, this year they’ll have the opportunity to do some good as well, as IMS has partnered with the Hepatitis C Trust and their ‘Get Tested! Mission. The Mission will involve industry folk being sponsored to travel to Ibiza via any means possible (other than plane or car!) to reduce the carbon emissions footprint of the music industry whilst raising awareness and funds for the Hepatitis C Trust. So if you fancy having fun travelling through France and Spain with like-minded people make sure you sign-up and get on-board this ground-breaking challenge whether it be by bike or bus, scooter or skateboard!
Proving the event’s heavyweight status within the dance music community the owners of the industry’s leading brands such as Sonar, Bestival, Creamfields, F**k Me I’m Famous, Pacha and Wall Of Sound are all confirmed to take part in the IMS: 09 panels, keynotes and presidential-style debates, with many more to be announced soon. Representing the artists’ interests we’ll hear from the managers and bookers of today’s biggest dance stars. Former MD of Island Records Marc Marot will be explaining why he chose a rock music approach to managing Paul Oakenfold, whilst David Enthoven of management company IE, will be talking about how they have transformed the traditional approach to management through their work with Robbie Williams, Simian Mobile Disco, Sia and Little Boots. Other speakers will include live bookers for the likes of Mark Ronson, Underworld, Moby, Mylo and Royksopp.
Looking into the vital importance of sync deals today four of the world’s leading music supervisors will a present special synch panel, with Jason Bentley from KCRW overseeing a debate with PJ Bloom, Jason Alexander and Sanne Hagelsten. Between them this quartet are responsible for placing music in some of the biggest American network TV shows including CSI and Entourage.
IMS partner and BBC Radio 1 DJ Pete Tong states: “We’re delighted to get back to business with the second International Music Summit in Ibiza. Last year was a revelation, an incredible gathering of big thinkers, with deals being done on the spot, and a feeling of all wanting to take our genre to a new level. “
Finally, the IMS are proud to announce that Ibiza’s local government, the Consell Insular d’Eivissa, are co-sponsors of the IMS: 09 event, sending a strong message of support and approval to the electronic gathering. The Consell have kindly provided IMS with a stunning location in Ibiza’s Dalt Vila. This famous UNESCO World Heritage site will set the spectacular backdrop for the IMS: 09 Grande Finale, as the first international dance event of its kind to take place within the historic Moorish walls of the old town which overlooks the Mediterranean. Tickets are included free of charge with all IMS delegate badges, however, a limited number of tickets will be available for purchase (details TBC). Acts will be announced shortly for this special event.
Francisco Medina Vicente, Secretario General Tecnico de Presidencia of the Consell Insular d’Eivissa, says “The Consell d’Eivissa offer our most sincere congratulations for the success obtained in the first edition of the International Music Summit in 2008. We have received a lot of reactions from the first initiative, so innovative in our island of Ibiza, as a result of the large national and international media attention, and how well it has been embraced. For this reason, the Consell d’Eivissa wishes you new success in the second edition and offers our support for the event.”
The closing event will feature a stellar line-up of electronic music talent to signal the end of the three day event and marking the opening of the Ibiza season. Pioneer, key partner in the first IMS, will return with their innovative and entertaining showcases. Sol also return as sponsors for a second year, along with new local partners Sonica FM radio and Ibiza-Voice (exclusive online).
- Richie Hawtin, Artist, M-nus, Germany
– Pete Tong, Artist, BBC Radio 1 / Wonderland, UK
– Rob da Bank, Artist, Bestival / Sunday Best, BBC Radio 1, UK
– Matt Edwards, Artist, Radioslave / Rekids, Germany
– Enric Palau, Sonar, Spain
– Mark Grotefeld, Pioneer Europe, UK
– Sander Kleinenberg, Artist, Holland
– James Barton, Cream, UK
– Mark Jones, Wall of Sound, UK
– Marc Marot, SEG International (Manager – Paul Oakenfold), UK
– David Enthoven, IE Music (Manager – Robbie Williams, Sia), UK
– Cathy Guetta, F**k Me I’m Famous, Paris
– Michael Weiss, Nervous Records, USA
– Eric Harle, D.E.F. Management (Manager – Moby, Mylo, Royksopp), UK
– Cris Hearn, Primary Talent (Agent – Mark Ronson, Underworld, Rob da Bank)
– PJ Bloom, Neophonic / Music Supervisor, USA
– Sanne Hagelsten, Zync Music / Music Supervisor, USA
– Jason Alexander, Hit the Ground Running / Music Supervisor, USA
– Martin Gontad, 2 Net Productions / Creamfields Argentina, Argentina
– Jason Bentley, KCRW, USA
– Henry Semmence, Absolute Marketing, UK
– Olga Heijns, Unmanageable Artists (Manager – Roger Sanchez), Holland
– Danny Whittle, Pacha, Spain
– Oli Isaacs, This Is Music (Manager – Simian Mobile Disco, Little Boots), UK
– John Niven, Author, Kill Your Friends
– Jose Cadahia, Sinnamon, Spain
– Lynn Cosgrave, Safehouse Management (Manager Carl Cox, Yousef), UK
– Tim Binns, New State, UK
– Kurosh Nasseri, Nasseri Music Business Solutions, USA
– Samuel Guetta, Ibiza-Voice, Spain
– Bobby Simms, Pop Shop, UK
– Steve Hulme, Pacha Recordings, Spain
– Neil DeGuzman, Little Mountain Productions, Holland
– Stephen Kempner, Sheridans, UK
- International Music Summit 2009 – first details tomorrow Check back here tomorrow morning from 9am GMT when we...
- International Music Summit, Ibiza 2009 Everyone got their press releases this morning and we were...
- International Music Summit, Ibiza – club panel audio Today (28/09/08) is 4 months after the historic public meeting...
- International Music Summit – next years date Given the sucess of this years International Music Summit it’s...
- International Music Summit 2008 – Club panel audio Now you can hear the clubs panel audio. This was...