S.O.S. WE NEED HELPERS FOR OUR CANCER CHRISTMAS FAIR!
The Cancer Association of Ibiza & Formentera (Ibiza y Formentera Contra el Cancer) is already preparing for its next Christmas Fair on Sunday December 14th at the Recinto Ferial (Exhibition Hall) in Ibiza Town. For this occasion we not only need helpers on the day, but volunteers who can help to collect all the necessary prices and contributions which are indispensable to the success of the Fair. In fact, the Fair cannot operate without these contributions. Any person who can help in any way is requested to contact the numbers: 971 391 357, 971 804 002, 971 346 094 or 971 196 394.
We also need products for our Home Produce stall. Anyone who is able to offer home-made cakes, pastries, preserves etc. please contact Diane on 971 804 002.
Mark the date of the Fair in your diaries now. Following the ever-increasing success of previous Christmas Fairs, the organisers will be combining the traditional stalls, events and shows with the opportunity to buy seasonal gifts and provisions and enjoy a wealth of festive games, competitions and entertainment to appeal to young and old alike, including the opportunity for the children to meet Father Christmas!
And don’t forget – our Christmas Cards designed by the island’s children are now on sale.
Ibiza & Formentera Contra el Cancer is here to help you. If YOU know of any cancer sufferer resident on the island who needs special assistance, please let us know.
Our activities since the last fair
1. We are currently providing economic aid to island cancer sufferers in financial need, including those who have to journey to Palma for radiotherapy treatment.
2. We operate a web site providing information and assistance for island cancer patients.
3. We assist in promoting the needs for a radiotherapy unit in Ibiza and in anti-smoking campaigns
4. We have funded the decoration and furnishing of the new waiting-room area and chemotherapy room at the hospital Can Misses. These areas are now more comfortable and agreeable for cancer patients.
5. We provide “back-up” information and advice for cancer victims in the form of pamphlets and booklets in both Spanish and English.
6. We have funded a new machine for the detection of lung and other tumours.
7. We provide translation services at the island hospitals.
8. We have financed women in economic need who wish to use the new DIGITAL breast cancer monitoring service now available in Ibiza.
The AIFCC is a beneficial organisation represented by a local executive committee & voluntary helpers who work gratis for the association meeting personally the expenses they incur in their voluntary work. Any island resident who has a special need related to cancer within their family, or who wishes to join or help the AIFCC should check the contact details on our website.
Pamela Deakin (Vice-President)
- Asociacion Ibiza y Formentera Contra el Cancer We republish this with pleasure: The IFCC are pleased to...
- Ibiza Christmas Fayre in Santa Eulalia The annual Christmas Fayre, organised by the English-Speaking Church on...
- Ibiza News: Can Misses II – political infighting over construction and equipment The planned new hospital, Can Misses II, is already bringing...
- Vanity Fair April 2007’s edition of Vanity Fair have an article about...
- 2nd Ibiza Butterfly Ball & Charity Auction at Amnesia Coming up on the 25th September is a charity event...